Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Hey Everyone It's Madison Time - A big strong line

It has occurred to me that online dating is a lot like hula hoop teams.
It is an activity that could bring you closer together, but in its format it spacially keeps you apart.
And to be frank I am not sure how I feel about it.
I have recently began the forray into dating again and I have chosen the online status as I prefer it to actually having to go out and try to talk to people.
I am not fond of bars in general, and despise gay bars. All those attractive men who know it and run around in their tight clothes and make attempts to pick up the attractive other men who behave just like them. It maks me feel like I am in high school. (okay I am generalising, the leather bars are not like that but those leather guys kind of scare me and you know what they say "butch in the streets, femme in the sheets).
So I have met someone online who it seems things click with.
We have been chatting for three weeks and things have been progressing well. Last night we talked on the phone for the first time and aside from some nervousness it was really nice. Now we have to meet and it looks like it may happen sooner than I thought.
His family lives here so he is thinking of taking some vacation time to come see them and to meet in person and see if we click there.
Yikes, I thought the hula hoop would stay up longer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?